Enrollment in the minimum number of online courses required to meet the hourly ADA requirements for half-day attendance set forth by the Idaho State Department of Education, AND a requirement to participate in courses and activities at school.
NVA’s blended program moves us forward in our vision to “Create Patriotic and Educated Leaders,” and evidences our stated belief in James Madison’s statement that… “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.”
NVA’s mission—in part—is to strive “to provide an excellent educational choice where students have the opportunity to become an informed and involved citizenry.” We are eager to embrace technology in our delivery as a means to fulfill our vision and mission.
Click on the enrollment form link to print an Intent to Enroll form.
Contact the school office for more information.
“The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.”
As a public school, North Valley Academy Charter School offers a multitude of required services to support the diverse and individual needs of our students. The specific methods of compliance and implementation of these services can be found in Tab 3: Educational Programs and Goals, V. Special or Alternative Programs of our governing document, our charter.
These services (listed alphabetically) include:
- Child Find *See Special Needs Student Programs below.
- English as Second Language (ESL), Also known as Limited English Proficiency (LEP) NVA has adopted the LEP Program Manual from the Idaho State Department of Education. See also, Appendix P of our charter.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Families who wish to apply for the federal “Free and Reduced Lunch Program” may do so by completing the application made available in the school office.
- Gifted and Talented Program NVA and all other public schools are required to provide options for students identified to be best served by an accelerated curriculum. NVA’s smaller class sizes and the adoption of EDUSS and Core Knowledge make possible the realization of this program.
- No Child Left Behind *See Special Needs Student Programs below.
- Special Education *See Special Needs Student Programs below.
- Special Needs Student Programs, defined by the state and federal regulations and programs: “Child Find,” “No Child Left Behind,” and the Special Education Manual.